Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Doctor Visit Update...

Today I am officially 17 weeks prego and had my monthly check-up at the doctor. I met our official doctor today too, which was wonderful. I really like him, he's so kind, very pleasant, asks questions and doesn't treat you like a number...a vast change from our last doctor. Also he got on my good side because he said I'm one of the lucky woman who doesn't look like she's four months pregnant. He kept complimenting me, it felt good! But enough about me, back to the good stuff and learning about the baby...

The doctor said the heartbeat looked great on the ultrasound and it looked really strong and healthy so thank goodness. He also said that the baby looked like it was going to be a big baby and larger than Brady. It was so cute to see him/her cuddled up in the fetal position, but since the baby was cuddled up the doc couldn't see the sex so it looks like i have to wait and find out next week with Nick at our actual ultrasound appointment. I was hoping to find out without him and try and keep it a secret, but no such luck. It was also cool to see how long the babies legs were. The doc said this is the cause of some of my pains lately and that this baby is for sure going to be a tall one. I'm going to laugh if it's a girl and she comes out a lot taller and bigger than B...poor B, he's too much like his mama.

All in all I'm feeling great now, no more morning sickness and I'm starting to get my energy back. I'm still worn out each day after running after Brady, but that's a good worn out. I'll update more next week when we find out if it's a boy or a girl.

No comments: